Still moving axis after stop button has been pressed.

aldoo

Post by aldoo »

When an axis is moving with a slow feed rate, 10% or less, and I try to stop the axis activating the stop button on the software, the axis still moving and stop seconds after.
Maybe this could be by motion parameters, so, I share the motion screen.
Attachments
SCREEN MOTION 2.png
SCREEN MOTION 1.png

ivan

Re: Still moving axis after stop button has been pressed.

Post by ivan »

Changing overspeed also changes a number of values tied to machine movement. I'd recommend checking the Soft Stop setting in Settings > Config > Preferences > Start/Stop. This value is assigned for a 100% overspeed value - if you bring the overspeed to 50%, for example, then the soft stop time will double, at 33% overspeed it will triple, etc. At 10% the value will be ten times the one specified in this field.

If you have 0.15 seconds in that field (a common value for plasma machines), then you are looking at a 1.5 seconds stop time at 10% overspeed. A typical soft stop value for a mill machine would be 0.05 seconds. That way you are looking at a 0.5 second stop time at 10% overspeed, which I think you'll find more agreeable.

Let me know if setting the soft stop time to 0.05 helps. You can also play around with this value to make sure you don't get any sudden machine jerks when stopping at 100% overspeed.

aldoo

Post by aldoo »

Great!
Setting the soft stop time to 0.05 even 0.02 improve machine movement.

ivan

Post by ivan »

Glad to hear that helped!

aldoo

Post by aldoo »

Changing the Soft stop time works with the software and a softkey, but using the wireless pendant PHB04 does not. All the buttons works even the mpg on wireless pendant, but the axis still move if the mpg is in static after move an axis with this pendant. How to fix it?

ivan

Post by ivan »

At the moment, there doesn't exist a way to correct that behaviour - essentially, the pendant will send a number of jog signals and the controller will execute whatever is sent to it, albeit slowing it down by the factor of the overspeed (3 times for 33% overspeed, etc). This will mean that the axis will continue moving for a small period of time after the mpg wheel is turned. If you are using the pendant to jog the machine, I'd recommend to simply de-couple the G0 and G1/G2/G3 overspeeds (uncheck the check mark in Settings > Config > Motion > Sync G0 & G1/G2/G3 overspeed), and use a 100% overspeed for jogging, while still employing a reduced overspeed for whenever your job is running:

As an aside - any particular reason to constantly use a reduced overspeed value instead of modifying the G-code via your post processor?