Cutcharts for Hypertherm HPR 130 XD

MefiuuC21

Cutcharts for Hypertherm HPR 130 XD

Post by MefiuuC21 »

Hello.
Can I please cutcharts for Hypertherm HPR 130 XD?

ivan

Re: Cutcharts for Hypertherm HPR 130 XD

Post by ivan »

Hello there,

All the cutcharts that we have implemented so far are posted on our downloads page: https://www.pv-automation.com/en/download

We don't have the cutcharts for HPR130XD, mainly due to the fact that this plasma cutting system has been discontinued and we do not receive any request for the cutchart tables from our clients - instead, we focus on newer systems such as the HPR400XD. As the interest is not there, we are not planning to compile a cutcharts file for the HPR130XD system in the near future.

If you require cutcharts for your machine, you can create them on your own by making a CSV file based on the Hypertherm manuals (you can use the reference cutcharts that I have linked above to see how a file should be structured). After the file has been created, you can convert it into an .sqlite database file from within the myCNC software - we'd be able to help with the conversion step if you were to prepare the initial CSV file.

Let me know what you think.

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

I think maybe I can try to edit cutcharts csv file for HPR 400 to use with HPR 130 and after that you can help with sqlite file.
How can I edit this file?
I have got manual for HPR 130 XD.

ivan

Post by ivan »

Hi there.

You can edit the file using Microsoft Excel (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/excel) or LibreOffice Calc (https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/calc/).

The file for the HPR400XD cutcharts is available here: https://www.pv-automation.com/downloads ... R400XD.csv

Unfortunately, there is no direct way of converting the Hypertherm PDF manual into a spreadsheet, so the data entry will have to be manual which will take some time. Let us know when you have the HPR130 file so that we can convert it into an sqlite database to be used in myCNC.

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

Ok I will let you know when it will be ready.

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

I have reviewed the cutcharts for the HPR 400XD and they are the same as for the 130XD. Unfortunately I have a problem. I can't add them to the folder as it is in the manual because it is not present in the raspberry disk image. The problem is that after turning the power off and on again, all settings go back to the beginning. Change IP for eth0. Unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network, even impossible to get up for an hour. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

ivan

Post by ivan »

Hi there!

On the latest versions of myCNC, the cutcharts should be stored in opt/myCNC/Cutcharts. What version of myCNC are you currently on? When was the last time you have updated? You can create the Cutcharts folder manually, and update the myCNC application to the latest version through the Support tab to use it.

Regarding the settings - do you mean that the settings for myCNC disappear, or that the settings for the Raspberry get erased? We have tested and used WiFi extensively on the Raspberry Pi boards, so it should work - the one thing I can think of is that your WiFi is not compatible somehow.

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

Hello.
I was able to set up the wifi. I edited the wpa_supplicant file settings and it works. Problem is with eth0 set to a static IP. I edited interfaces file and changed IP from 192.168.4.50 to 192.168.0.50, saved, reboot and after reboot, the address is 192.168.4.50 again, but in the interfaces file it is 192.168.0.50.
I can change it with the command from the console: ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.50 ... but after rebooting od 192.168.4.50 again.
As far as cutcharts are concerned, I created a folder manually and added it according to the manual and it works. I don't know if it gets gas settings for HPR or does it require additional settings?

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

I use last version from your website for rasppbery pi 4 4gb.

mycnc

Post by mycnc »

check file /etc/netplan/50-could-init.yaml

Code: Select all

# This file is generated from information provided by the datasource.  Changes
# to it will not persist across an instance reboot.  To disable cloud-init's
# network configuration capabilities, write a file
# /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99-disable-network-config.cfg with the following:
# network: {config: disabled}

network:
    ethernets:
        eth0:
            dhcp4: false
            addresses: [192.168.1.50/24]
    version: 2

I'm not sure if it's the best solution, but we have changed address here and it works after reboot.