Plasma Corner slow speed.

MefiuuC21

Plasma Corner slow speed.

Post by MefiuuC21 »

Hello.
How to set slow speed for corners?
Is it possible to set the output in the controller informing about the approaching corner (to reduce the cutting current)?

ivan

Re: Plasma Corner slow speed.

Post by ivan »

Hello there,

You can set a corner angle at which smooth deceleration prior to reaching the corner is activated, which is followed by a smooth acceleration to reach the original cutting speed. If a separate speed when passing over a corner is needed, this can be solved via some sort of a CAM software which will add the necessary G-code before/after the corner section(s). At that point, if such G-code is present, then the speed will be changed accordingly.

Additionally, there is also a THC Low Speed signal to turn off THC at corners (this is typically done to prevent the torch from diving). This signal can be assigned to an output, and this output can then be used by the plasma source to indicate a current reduction. However, as far as I know, no one has used such an option yet.

MefiuuC21

Post by MefiuuC21 »

Hi,
how to set g code for deceleration and later acceleration? I try to do this in sheetcam by adding cutting rules, but the program does not respond to the percentage reduction in speed for the corners. 🤔

So maybe I will be the first to use the low cutting current😁

mycnc

Post by mycnc »

There is no g-code to change acceleration in myCNC.

SheetCAM is the cheapest CAM. You can try WRYKRYS, it can insert codes to reduce speed around corners