Custom Kinematics on ET6?

polyfractal

Custom Kinematics on ET6?

Post by polyfractal »

Hello! I see the in-development ET15 supports custom kinematic transformations (https://docs.pv-automation.com/mycnc/my ... s_for_et15), is it possible to do something similar for the ET6?

I'm building a system which uses two motors in parallel to drive two axis (pure X motion == both motors rotate same direction, pure Y motion == motors rotate opposite direction, combined X/Y motion == varying rotation rates and direction of both motors). As far as kinematic transformations go it is pretty simple, but probably too complex to bake into the gcode post-processor.

Is there a way to do that with the ET6, or at least "fake" it somehow via software/hardware PLC routines or similar?

ivan

Re: Custom Kinematics on ET6?

Post by ivan »

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there isn't an option for custom kinematics for the ET6.

A configuration similar to your request has been implemented for a 3D printer some time back however (X+Y, X-Y axes configuration in the Axes/Motors tab):

polyfractal

Post by polyfractal »

Thanks for the quick response Ivan!

Interesting, I missed that configuration option! I'm assuming that follows a CoreXY style motion system, where the X and Y axis are evenly split between the motors? I think that will work perfect for me, the configuration I have in mind is not complicated and can be adjusted so that the two motors have equal contribution in both x and y.

Cheers for the great hardware, software and support! Been a very pleasant experience, especially compared to other control solutions out there :)

ivan

Post by ivan »

Thank you for the kind words!

Yes, the CoreXY-style system is indeed similar to the machine we have designed this for - in our case it was a 3D printer two-motor belt system, with belts going along the perimeter of the machine. In that configuration, the motors would turn in the same direction for X movement, and in opposite directions for Y movement.

Let me know how it performs for you, and don't hesitate to reach out should you have any other questions.