Start Gcode not generated when Importing DXF

ivan

Re: Start Gcode not generated when Importing DXF

Post by ivan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 pm

The four second delay can also be done through Software PLC. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an example of what that might look like.

The contour direction should not cause any problems that I can think of, however it's helpful to keep an eye on it in case something crops up.

Regarding the multiple passes at different lengths - did you want to do this using a spindle or a knife? The multipass function in the DXF import is currently written with a spindle in mind, using the M03 command, so it is not exactly simple to convert that into a knife configuration. Yours is the first case we have encountered so far that needed such a setup. Any further information you might provide on the specifics of such a configuration.

More information about the homing macro is available here: http://docs.pv-automation.com/plc/how_t ... eady_alarm
The macro you see on that page can be found in Settings > Config > PLC > Software PLC > HOMING_HANDLER. You can see that in the beginning the program is immediately terminated by the exit(99); line. This line can be commented out using the two forward slashes in front of it, like so:

Code: Select all

//exit(99);
If you want the homing to work for all four axes (x, y, z, c) instead of only xyz: remove the // in front of the hc=gvarget(7396); line in the beginning. This will allow the homing for c-axis to be performed. In addition to that, remove the // in front of the b=hx+hy*10+hz*100+hc*1000; line and add them to the previous line (b=hx+hy*10+hz*100;).

In the end, the macro will look something like this:

Code: Select all

main()
{
//exit(99);

a=0;
 do{

hx=gvarget(7391); //monitor axes flags X, Y, Z and C 
 hy=gvarget(7392) ;
 hz=gvarget(7393);
 hc=gvarget(7396);

a++; if(a>9){a=1;};

//b=hx+hy*10+hz*100;
 b=hx+hy*10+hz*100+hc*1000;
 c=a*10000000;
 gvarset(99,c+b); //build variable to display which axis is not ready

home_old=home; 
 home=hx+hy+hz; //check if any of axis is not ready
 //home=hx+hy+hz+hc; //check if any of axis is not ready

if (home!=0)  //if any of axis is not ready, then ...
 {
  prg=gvarget(6065); 
  if (prg!=0) //Check if Program running is started and Stop it immediately
   {
	gvarset(0xffffff,1); //Stop Program
   };

gvarset(9100,1); //display the message #1 on the screen, if any of home alarm activated
  gvarset(8160,2); //set XHC Homing display

}else
 {
  gvarset(9100,0); //hide the message #1, if everything's ok
  if (home_old!=home) //just home
   {
     gvarset(8160,0); //set XHC Homing display
   };
};

}while(1);

exit(99);
};

drphil

Post by drphil » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Multiple passes at different depths, the shape library actually works very as it has this option, but there is no option for a step Z in the DXF import for Knife. Some of these materials are very thick and require multiple passes. I need to be able to specify the Z step. This machine is only going to be used with an oscillating knife cutter for making gaskets.

drphil

Post by drphil » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Awesome, thank you so much for your help. It makes my life a lot less stressful.

I'm guessing the Simulator doesn't behave quite the same as the actual machine does.
Attachments
simulator.PNG
please home.PNG

ivan

Post by ivan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:34 pm

The simulator was designed as a tool to check very simple functions, so a lot of the newer features and settings are not simulated properly. It should still work fine on the actual machine.

We currently do not have a clear option for you in regard to the multiple passes problem - the MultiPass configuration was created for milling setups, as was the Shape Library originally. That's why you are seeing the settings for multiple passes in the Shape Library (which lacks the Step Z option). If requesting a custom solution is something you are willing to consider, I'd advise getting in touch with the team at sale@pv-automation.com. This will get you a quote and you can talk further about the particular items you want implemented in your profile.

ivan

Post by ivan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Thinking further about the 4-second delay, it would probably work best to simply add a G-code command in the DXF header such as G04P4. since G04 will make the machine wait for a period of time and P4 specifies that 4 seconds need to elapse before the pause is over.
Last edited by ivan on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ivan

Post by ivan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Just noticed something in regards to the pause time on some software versions - if you are using the G04 command, make sure to check Settings > Config > Preferences > Common > G04 cycle time. It needs to be set to 0.004 in order to measure the pause properly.

As for the problem you have specified with only the first macro running when inputted into the tool header, thank you for bringing it to our attention. There is currently a bug present when inputting a header macro command from the tool window, which will be fixed in the upcoming software release. If, in the meanwhile, if you input the header through Settings > Config > DXF Import Settings > DXF Header while separating the commands with semicolons, it should work properly with any number of commands.

drphil

Post by drphil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 am

Regarding the DXF Header, I had a feeling it was a bug because I was slowing and painfully discovering that it would run multiple commands depending where they where put.

The shape library has the Step Z function which seems work perfectly for our purposes. I just don't know how to add new files to the library.

The DXF import feature only generates a single path at a single depth and the option for multiple passes is greyed out.

drphil

Post by drphil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 am

I disabled all the import tabs besides Knife, I do see a tab that has Multi-pass options. Can I use those? Also what is Half-Knife support?

I guess what I'm looking for is the ability to take multiple passes at slightly different depths.

Example:
Cutting 8 mm thick gasket material with 3 passes, the knife blade for this machine is about 15mm long but in order to cut all the way through the tip of the blade must reach the bottom of the material. The material is too thick to cut all the way through on a single pass, the blade would stick and drag the material due to friction. Double pass would not go low enough to cut all the way through.

If it's a feature that is not currently available and I have to pay for it to be added then I guess that's what I will have to do. It just seemed kind of obvious that this feature is needed for anyone using a tangential oscillating knife cutter.
Attachments
cnc.PNG

mycnc

Post by mycnc » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:32 pm

drphil wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 am
The shape library has the Step Z function which seems work perfectly for our purposes. I just don't know how to add new files to the library.
check this
docs.pv-automation.com/mycnc/mycnc_add_shape_to_library

drphil wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 am
The DXF import feature only generates a single path at a single depth and the option for multiple passes is greyed out.
1) set "Spindle Multi Pass" checkbox
2) select Multi Pass Cutting tool type in DXF import and set settings for multi pass, press OK

drphil

Post by drphil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Just doing some testing today and it's working great. I do have one issue though, when I use the spindle option it goes in a CW direction instead of CCW