How to save cutcharts parameters modified by user

dan721

How to save cutcharts parameters modified by user

Post by dan721 »

Hello.
Is there a feature of saving modified cutting parameters by the user?
I mean the situation that the user wants to change the default cutting speed for specified thickness, current etc. for example.
In which XML is the cutcharts screen defined for X1366P?

ivan

Re: How to save cutcharts parameters modified by user

Post by ivan »

At the moment, there does not exist a finished option to edit the cutcharts values directly from within the myCNC software - the quickest way would be to edit the cutcharts .sqlite or .csv file directly.

A Cutcharts tab was implemented in the myCNC software some time back, before being replaced by an alternative Cutcharts window (the one that you are now able to access through the main menu in the X1366P profile). The Cutcharts tab looks like this:

Within this tab, the user was able to both load and save the modified values for the cutcharts. It has, however, proven to be not very user-friendly, and thus the idea was left on the back burner. We are planning to change it and create a more intuitive version some time in the future, depending on our clients' needs.

dan721

Post by dan721 »

Ok, I'll add some external editor for cutting parameters.
I'd like to put the cutcharts controls on the main screen.
Is it possible to get an access to separate elements from the screen below (I want to simplify it to save some space)?
The most important for me is to get rid of the torch images and especially the link attached to torch images.
1.PNG

ivan

Post by ivan »

The cutcharts window is currently built-in into the myCNC software, so unfortunately it is not possible to split segments of it through a simple .xml file edit.

We'll see what we can do about simplifying this window - at the moment we have a couple of ideas as I've mentioned, so it might be possible to easily edit this screen in the future.

dan721

Post by dan721 »

Is it possible to disable the link under torch images? It's annoying with touch screen...

ivan

Post by ivan »

That function was a placeholder - we'll be disabling it in the next release of myCNC that should be available within the next couple of days.