Ohmic sensor connection.

CKMCNC

Ohmic sensor connection.

Post by CKMCNC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 pm

http://robot3t.com/en/san-pham/os3t-01- ... a-cutting/

http://robot3t.com/en/san-pham/thc3t-02-stepdir-output/

Please I need to connect the above Ohmic Sensor (PNP), THC controller (V1.04) and voltage divider to myCNC ET7 board. How do I go about it. I just want to clarify with you Ivan to be double sure.

ivan

Re: Ohmic sensor connection.

Post by ivan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:01 pm

We have split off the question from the topic it was posted in, as it warrants its own thread.

1) For a PNP sensor, our documentation wiki has some sample connection diagrams here (internal and external power supplies diagram included).

2) For the THC controller, the ET7 already has these features built-in so you most likely do not need an external THC controller. Any particular reason why you would want to use the external solution instead of the internal ET7 one?

CKMCNC

Post by CKMCNC » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am now clear with the PNP ohmic sensor connection.

As for the THC - external, the issue is that the voltage divider doesn’t really have a output connector port for me to tap the divided voltage, but I have tap it (hack the connector with a shielded pair cable).
I prepare using the internal THC of the ET7 device so as to have all connections in one box, however the external THC claims it can work with any break out board.

ivan

Post by ivan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Glad to hear the PNP connection diagrams helped.

For the external THC, we still advise to use the built-in myCNC system, since it is well integrated into the software and will most likely have more features than an external solution. However, if you prefer to use an external THC controller, please confirm and we can try and help you set up a connection between it and your machine.