Questions before ordering a KIT

oursomatic

Questions before ordering a KIT

Post by oursomatic »

Hello,

i would like re-retrofit a heavy weight wood router to eliminated "Jerk unlimited" Linuxcncn motion TP jerky moove with G0 and push up the accélération of the machine.

You seem to be my last low-price option before going to expensive Sinumerik 828D + sinamics S120

Iwill post a video of my machine later.

I have many question and i think the answers could be beneficial for future buyer :
---------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Return condition when buying trough the web-shop ?

@ Import duty taxes to Europe ?

@ Min. block change time ~ "x" ms ?

@ closed loop ABZ encoder max résolution ?

@ Number of look ahead segment ?

@ is S-curve value constant for all type of move : G0 G1 G2 G3 JOG

@ How do you position your motion planer in comparaison to Acorn centroid and Kflop+Kmotion ?
CV / S-curve / Jerk

@ Dxf hole drilling option instead of cutting ( diameter / speed / feed / deep ) ?

@ Multi head tool + atc spindle : predefined tool number in conflit with variable choice tool number ?
ex:
multi drill block + 3d probe + saw + ATC spindle

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Modbus for Spindle and servo-drive communication, ex : closed loop "Delta ASDA A2"

@ Ethercat servo drive compatible or other bus protocole ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Is it safe to run MYcnc on Windows 10 computer ( recent I3+ 16gb ram ) in parallèle to Varve calculating a large nest job for exemple ?

Thank you very much.

youtu.be/3JmhlBDmbfI
Last edited by oursomatic on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ivan

Re: Questions before ordering a KIT

Post by ivan »

Hi there!

1) The return conditions are outlined in our online store:
Puruvesi Automation offers a 30-day return & exchange service on most items from the original purchase date unless otherwise specified. A 20% restocking fee is applied upon return.

For all returns, original invoice must be provided.

Original packaging and ALL of its content must be present and returned including manuals, accessories and gifts with purchase or other included or bonus items. Original package must be in good condition. Incomplete or physical damaged returns may be refused.

All returns for refunds will be processed with the original method of payment.
2) The import taxes are paid by the importer, the exact taxes will differ depending on the country to which the kit is sent to.

3) What exactly do you mean by the minimum block change time?

4) The max encoder resolution is limited by the encoder itself. Whatever the resolution of the encoder, that will be the maximum resolution in the software. The maximum encoder frequency is around 1MHz.

5) There is no number of look-ahead segments in the sense that the program does the calculations compiler-style, calculating the path first and then sending it to the controller. In that sense the look-ahead segment is "infinite" in that the entire section until the next "full stop" point will be analyzed and the movement will be calculated accordingly.

6) S-curve is indeed constant.

7) We haven't had any hands-on experience with Centroid and Kflop+Kmotion, so unfortunately that's not something that we can compare directly.

Here is a video of a 5-axis jewellery machine using our motion controllers to see some examples:

youtu.be/0QDUML8V2Zo

8) The DXF options are listed here: http://docs.pv-automation.com/quickstar ... dxf-import

I believe we don't currently have a DXF drilling option similar to what you are requesting, however that is something that can possibly be implemented.

9) Multi-tool/ATC - we support ATC pots and multi-tool configurations, but I'm not quite sure what exact features you are after. If you describe the machine features in a little more detail, I can say for sure whether we already have something like that implemented.

10) Modbus for spindle - this is implemented. Modbus for servo-drive communication has not been used previously - this will depend on your needs. Real-time servo-driver control will probably still be done through pulse-dir, however changing settings and getting servo drive statuses should be possible.

11) myCNC controllers are not compatible with the Ethercat protocol yet - that is in the pipeworks as Puruvesi Automation is a member of the Ethercat group, but that is still some time off.

12) We strongly recommend using Linux for large jobs for stability reasons. You can use Windows, but depending on your definition of "large", you may run into some issues - again, this will depend on your workflow.

Hope this reply helps - do not hesitate to reach out should you have more questions.

oursomatic

Post by oursomatic »

[youtube][/youtube]Hello,
Good news I have place an order for a ET10 kit today.

Question 3 = min Bloc change is the speed capacity of Sinumerik controller to execute gcode line Bloc commande.
The chipest is running at 6ms and middle at 3ms and the best 840d so at 1ms.
So I was curious to compare MyCnc with this value ?

Question 4 = what if I upgrade my servo with "Delta asda a3". Can I get full advantage of the 3mghz signal since They accept 4mhz step pulse and 3.1kHz of bandwidth ( speed loop ) and employs a 24-bit absolute encoder.

They can output the encoder signal trought the IO connector. They also support rs485 modbus or canopen. To simplifying the wiring.

Question 5= masso controller don't use trajectory planner at all, arguing it is not precise enought for good tolerance, guess what, they don't have S-curve to... They advise their customer to run only gcode with IJ arc and convert all Bézier curve to arc segment to avoid jerking motion . I will not make any comments on theirs marketing argument.....

At the opposite Centroid use both S-curve for regular job and trapezoidal for 3d work with the trajectory planner.
They explain it very well in this document and it seem smart to have many setting for different type of job. Precision / roughing / contouring / 3d

What is MyCnc Strategy since it have been firstly coded for plasma / laser gantry with medium precision needed ?
Screenshot_20200311-021908__01.jpg
Pdf explaining it very well under.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... g2Gpy0pSx

Question 6 : S-curve is always on, but acceleration can be set differently for Jog / G0 / G1 /G2 G3 ? To accommodate good tolerances and keep fast positioning speed ?

Question 9 : multi Head , 8 possibility + 8 tool number.

I understand : one head one t# ?

But,... wood panel processing machine are offtnely equipped with :

1x main spindle with ATC
for exemple 12 tool magazine = 12 xT# + extra T# for manual change)

1x auxiliary spindle for horizontal routing ( 1x T#)

1x multi drill unit containing 16 independent drill ( 16 T# )
They can be operated one by one or by sequence.

1x saw aggregate with 90° rotation ( 2x T# )
Screenshot_20200311-021319.jpg

One last question : do you have a screew mapping function or XY error compensation ?
This question is for someone who will soon retrofit his router.

This video show my CNC running perfectly this afternoon. I wish to upgrade it with MyCnc to implement the automatic tool change with auto-tool setter and push up the acceleration .....

Thanks for the past and future answers.

http://youtu.be/3JmhlBDmbfI

mycnc

Post by mycnc »

oursomatic wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 am
Question 3 = min Bloc change is the speed capacity of Sinumerik controller to execute gcode line Bloc commande.
The chipest is running at 6ms and middle at 3ms and the best 840d so at 1ms.
So I was curious to compare MyCnc with this value ?
82 us

ivan

Post by ivan »

Glad to hear you have placed an order!

4) Upgrading the servo to a new Delta should be beneficial for you as compared to the old analog one since you will be taking advantage of the 3MHz signal using our controller.

Encoders can be connected to the ET10, they are typically used for position indication purposes only (servos do not tend to lose pulses).

We haven't tried RS485 with this Delta servo before.

Modbus is typically used to turn the spindle ON/OFF, set its speed, or to obtain some diagnostics information. This allows for some advantages over the typical 0-10V speed setting, such as higher precision and being less prone to electrical noise. However, pulse-dir cannot be replaced by Modbus for servos.

Canopen is not supported yet - that's something that is in the pipeworks as well.

5) Our smoothing is done through the constant velocity mode: http://docs.pv-automation.com/mycnc/con ... ty_mode_cv

It is always on, you simply set the tolerance values to be what you deem necessary. This allows to increase the machine acceleration values resulting in a decreased work time.

We had tested an implementation similar to the one from Centroid that you mention. Typically, most of the software that our clients use seems to produce G-code that is of considerably higher quality than the example shown in the PDF you linked.

6) Acceleration is the same for Jog/G0/G1/etc. What sort of differences for acceleration values were you looking at in this case?

9) One tool = one tool #. If you have a head with 2 or more tools in it, this can be programmed through the auto-change macros and PLC procedures that can be programmed either by you or by us (as a separate project). This way, the spindle, ATC, etc can all be used.

10) Screw mapping function is coming on the ET15 controller that is currently in the testing phase. XY error compensation is currently done by using the camera for marker correction, as described here: http://docs.pv-automation.com/quickstar ... sion-setup

Let me know if you have any further questions!

oursomatic

Post by oursomatic »

Good news,

I have received my ET10 kit this morning, it took less than 6 day with DHL to ship it to Belgium.
It was well packed and protected.
So, lets fire it up !

ivan

Post by ivan »

Glad to hear you've received it, let us know if you have any questions during the setup process.

A couple of manuals to get you started are available on our QuickStart page in the Documentation Wiki:

http://docs.pv-automation.com/

http://docs.pv-automation.com/quickstar ... uick-start