Tool change macro - M6Txx

Neale

Tool change macro - M6Txx

Post by Neale »

My machine uses a manual tool change. When I hit M6Txx in the gcode, I want to stop the spindle, move to the tool change position, and put a message on screen to tell the user which tool to load. I then need to be able to jog to any position on the bed and run the tool height setting macro which uses a movable tool sensor (so that I can reference the top of the work, top of spoil board, or anywhere else on the machine bed). I then want the user to click a button on screen to continue - a button on the popup message, could be the "Start" button, or something else.

I have the M6 macro and a tool-height macro written to do most of this, but I do not know how to pause gcode execution while the message is on screen in a way that allows me to jog or to run the tool-height macro and then continue from the pause. I have seen the discussion about the M660 PLC routine but this halts the machine and blocks jogging. M1 stops execution completely and goes back to the start.

Advice welcome!

Thanks,

ivan

Re: Tool change macro - M6Txx

Post by ivan »

Hi there! We'll be checking a couple of methods and will get back to you as soon as we have a good example of such a macro.

ivan

Re: Tool change macro - M6Txx

Post by ivan »

I've checked a couple of sample M6 commands with an M0 command to pause - the execution of the program should resolve normally once you press the Start button after jogging, let me know if this solution works for you.

Additionally, let me know if you require help with writing the macro for the popup, etc. We have a couple of examples on popup messages in here, if you haven't had a chance to take a look yet: http://docs.pv-automation.com/mycnc/popup_messages